2020-2021 Open Enrollment begins on Wednesday, January 22nd at 7:00am at Sequoia Pathfinder Academy at Eastmark.
For kindergarten families, student must turn five by August 31, 2020 to be eligible to start kindergarten.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR INITIAL ENROLLMENT OF YOUR STUDENT:
o Registration Form (2020-2021 Enrollment Packet)
- Birth Certificate – (or other proof of the pupils identity and age including the pupil’s baptismal certificate, an application for a social security number or original school registration records and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate) **required within 30 days of enrollment**
- Arizona Residency Documentation Form-Must be the same as address on Registration packet including a copy of establishing document
- Immunization Record – (or signed statement re: exemption pursuant to A.R.S. 15-873)
- Withdrawal Form from Previous School –**required if transferring from another Arizona Public School
Documents needed for admission of your student
(Note these documents are not required for consideration of enrollment of your child, but necessary to ensure your child receives proper services and your understanding of the Schools Policies and Procedures once he/she is admitted to the school)
- Special Education records such as an Individual Education Plan or 504 plan (if applicable)
- Recent report card (elementary or middle school)
- Transcript (high school)
- Discipline records
- Attendance records
- Legal guardian or custody papers (if applicable)
- Individual Language Learning Plan (if applicable)
- Special medical, behavioral, or other information you would like school personnel to know about your child
Homeless Children: The McKinney-Vento Act requires schools to immediately enroll children and youth experiencing homelessness. As public charter schools, Edkey Schools have the obligation to enroll homeless students as a “school of origin.” The school of origin is defined as the school that the child last attended before experiencing homelessness or the school where the student was last enrolled. The school of residency is defined as the neighborhood school identified by the attendance area in which the student is currently residing. Therefore, only homeless students for whom the last school of attendance or enrollment was an Edkey School will be immediately enrolled. All other homeless students will be referred to their school of residency or their last school of origin for enrollment. Students qualifying as homeless under the McKinney-Vento Act will not be prevented from enrolling due to a lack of immunization and other health records, residency documentation, birth certificate, school records, or other documentation.
Completion of the Enrollment Forms is a reservation for a spot but not a guarantee of enrollment: We must ensure there is space available in the grade requested. The school registrar will verify availability. If space is available, enrollment will be complete once all forms and documentation has been received and approved
For 2019-2020 School Year: 2019-2020 Enrollment Packet