Sequoia Pathfinder Academy at Eastmark
- What is name of the school and where is it located?
- Edkey, Inc. – Sequoia Pathfinder Academy at Eastmark is located in the Eastmark Community, which is located on Eastmark Parkway just north of Ray Road, in Southeast Mesa.
Is there a cost to attend?
- No, we are a free public charter school. Charter schools are organized and overseen by the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools as well as held accountable to rules and regulations set forth by the Arizona Department of Education.
Is the school affiliated with other charter schools?
- Yes. Sequoia Pathfinder Academy at Eastmark is an Edkey, Inc. school. Edkey Inc. operates 16 other charter schools throughout the state of Arizona.
What are the school hours?
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00am-3:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am-12:30pm
- Friday afternoons are built in professional development, meetings, or work time for teachers.
- Before and after school child care is available.
What grades are served at the school?
What is the maximum class size? What is the capacity of the school?
- Kinder- 24
- 1st grade – 26
- 2nd – 6th grades – 28
- We anticipate being able to support 400 students when at capacity.
What is the focus of the school?
- Sequoia Pathfinder Academy at Eastmark is a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics) focused school. The school integrates core instruction to address all the above areas to help students develop a strong educational foundation in these areas to enhance future educational opportunities.
Is there full day Kindergarten?
- Yes. Kindergarten programs are developmentally appropriate and aligned with AZ Common Core standards, as is instruction in all grade levels. Prior to the start of the school year, students will be assessed in order to structure a meaningful and relevant instructional programming based on their current levels of performance. The instructional programming will be challenging and help prepare the student for a successful educational career.
Is there a dress code?
- There are student appearance guidelines that include a uniform shirt.
Is transportation available?
- We do not provide transportation.
Is there be a lunch program?
- Yes. Students have the option to bring their lunch or purchase a lunch. A monthly menu of lunch options is provided.
Is instruction aligned to the AZ Common Core Standards?
- Edkey Inc. has worked with staff to unwrap the Arizona State Standards. As a result of this process, curriculum guides have been created based on grade level and content area. All teachers receive these curriculum guides for use in planning and constructing their curriculum maps. These formalized guides assure that instruction is directly aligned to the standards.
Are field trips included in the instructional programming?
- Yes. Educational field trips that enhance instruction are taken. Some cost may be incurred based on the experience. Transportation is provided for field trips.
Are special education services provided?
Are parents encouraged to participate in their child’s classrooms?
- Yes. Parental involvement is a key to a successful home-school partnership.
Is a PTO established?
- Yes. We are always looking for interested parents to support the PTO. If you are interested, please contact the PTO via the email address – SPAEPTO@gmail.com
What is the homework policy?
- Homework is meant to be a reinforcement of concepts taught in the classroom. A defined homework policy has been developed and articulated with the support of staff and parental input.
What forms of communication are used to inform families of updates on the school and events?
- A weekly newsletter is sent out on Mondays by the school through email.
For additional assistance please contact:
- Call: (480) 351-8070
- Email: email@example.com